Pages

Saturday 12 September 2015

Deathwing

Hey Folks...

So I accidentally started a Deathwing army. My inability to finish anything and to start new projects on a whim is getting ridiculous.

I have wanted a Deathwing army for a long time, its been 15 years but I never got round to it. I think this is mainly due to the paint scheme. White/Bone is tricky to paint, well for me anyway and I have painted many test Deathwing models but never been totally happy with them. Of course there is no reason why I could not paint them another colour and use the rules for Deathwing, but I wanted the white look.

Development in paint has come a long way and now with the use of washes and medium I think I have been able to get the desired affect. I recently started a 30K Death Guard army and using a technigue of white undercoat with a wash/medium I got a white scheme that I really liked. Then a friend of mine was getting rid of a ton of models he didn't want (due to the same issues as me with starting projects) and I found myself in posession of two units of Deathwing Terminators. Along with the other models I have in boxes thats pretty much an army.

Having just painted the Death Guard in a scheme I liked I soon realized that a Deathwing army I  liked was no longer a distant dream. So I got to work on yet another test model and this time I think it looks good. I used the same method as I did with the Death Guard but only used one coat of the wash rather than two. I think two would have made it look too dirty, it keeps the model looking whiter which I prefer to my previous attempts which had a more bone colour.

So here is (finally) the Deathwing model I am happy with.

Deathwing Terminator


Until next time....













1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful accident to make :-) It took me a couple of years to develop a Deathwing scheme that I was happy with too. I can remember my first go at it was a real witch's brew! Good luck with the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete