Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Mek Daddy

I seem to be somewhat in the zone at the moment hobby wise, although my painting plan has gone a bit out of the window. I was planning on putting all my attention into finishing my Ogres but then the new Ork planes came out and I have been sucked into painting some more 40K stuff. So work continues on my new themed Mek army and I have finally finished the second Mek. This model is the Forge World Mek released a couple of years back, I got it the day is was available and in typical fashion it has sat undercoated on the paint station since then. Its a great model, full of detail and character. In the game I am going to use him as a KFF Mek armed with a Power Klaw, although not actually armed with a PK the pack he has on his back does have a Klaw on it as well as a flashy light (KFF) so the choice of gear fits the model nicely, its almost like the Ork equivalent of a Tech Marine with servo harness.


The paint job was actually pretty straight forward as most of the model is metal. The skin is goblin green with a thrakka green wash and then a couple of lighter green highlights. The metal is my traditional bolter/bronze dry brush and then black wash followed by a couple of silver highlights. Then the detail picked out at the end.

I think he will look pretty cool in amongst the Killa Kans and with his Power Kaw and Cybork body isn't too shabby in combat either, especially if he has some of his Killa Kan friends to help him out.









I have also built the last three Kans to bring my total up to nine, I went for a Big Shoota and two Grotzokka's in the end, this will give me a unit of three with rockets, three with Grotzokka's and then a unit with two Big Shootas and one Burna. This is a nice variety that can target vehicles, and large units of infantry, hopefully the Grotzokka's will achieve accuracy through volume.

I have also built the second plane, in true Orky fashion i basically stuck all the guns and bombs on it I could from the kit and left overs from the first kit. I put the wing extensions on (where the guns are) and also the extra fuel tanks on the end of the wings, I wanted the wings to look as long as they could to give it that real bomber feel  and to make it look bigger compared to the first that has more of a fighter look. I also added so extra bits on the tail fin to add to the bomber effect.


Hopefully I will have the Kans and the extra plane painted up in the next couple of weeks to take to the field at the next club day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment